Do you want save over $300 / on your high speed ADSL internet service?
- You don’t need a secret handshake or know “someone” on the inside.
- You don’t need to downgrade your internet service to the “Lite” or “Basic” package.
- You will maintain your high speed ADSL internet service speeds, increase your monthly bandwidth cap limit by more than 300% AND save more than $300 / year in the process.
Sound like something you might be interested in? If so, read on.
It is amazing how Bell charges their victims, ahem I mean customers $50.95/month for high speed internet access when the same services can be had for almost half the price.
I too was a Bell customer one day, overpaying for my high speed internet access and their horrible customer service.
That was before I learned of Bell’s competitors! Competitors who offered the same high speed internet service at half the price of what Bell was charging me. Their customer service is all in-house based in Canada, which meant no “accidental” disconnections or extreme frustration when trying to reverse the double and triple billing errors that were routine with Bell.
Here’s a break down of the the price gouging, that’s almost criminal and the alternative that will save you almost 50%.
- Monthly Fee: $47.95/month.
- Modem Fee: $3/month. (You pay this fee even if you own a DSL modem).
- Bandwidth: 60 Gigabyte Monthly Bandwidth Cap.
– 60 GBs can add up very quickly in this day and age of iTunes, Youtube, Anderson Cooper 360, Larry King, Bill O’Reilly highlights, Treehouse TV and various other popular media related activities online.
- Speed: 7Mbits/second
The CHEAP alternative
- Canadian company based out of Chatham, Ontario.
- Monthly Fee: $29.95/month — see below to get an additional $2/month discount.
- Modem Fee: $0 – if you own your own DSL modem. If you don’t own a DSL modem, Teksavvy provides two very affordable options:
– Rent to own option – $25 One time setup fee + $10/month for 6 months.
– One time purchase price option – $75.
– You can also find DSL modems at cheap prices on online classifieds websites like Craigslist and Kijiji.
- Bandwidth: 200 Gigabytes of Monthly Bandwidth.
– This is average of two months — so if you used 300 GBs 1 month, as long as the consumption for the following monthly is below 100 GB you are not exceeding your usage.
- Speed: 5 Mbits/second
– The difference between 5Mbit and 7Mbit speed translates into downloading a file at approximately 510Kilobytes/second instead of 700 Kilobytes/second. The average user will not notice the difference in speed. When your internet speed gets this high, the difference is negligible.
- $27.95/month discount price for those who’ve signed up for a GroupBuy Discount (55% of what Bell Charges for the same high speed internet service, with 3 times the monthly bandwidth).
$50.95 – $27.95 = $23.00/month.
$23 x 12 months = $276 for the year
$276 + 13 % (5 GST + 8 PST) = $311.88/year savings!
- Call Teksavvy’s toll free number listed on their website 1-877-779-1575
- Informed the rep, you are currently a Bell customer and wish to switch to Teksavvy for their high speed internet access.
- If you have already purchased a modem on Craigslist, Kijiji or elsewhere, inform the rep you own your modem already. If not, Select 1 of the two available options as detailed above.
- Once the billing information has been collected, your account will be setup by the rep.
- Once the account is setup, call Bell and cancel your service.
- Enjoy Teksavvy’s highspeed internet service and the $300+ of savings annually.
If you have any questions about this article, or the additional $2/month Group Buy discount, please feel free to drop me an e-mail.