If you are a Blackberry owner, you may have come across JVM error messages on your device over the the course of time.
Some of these error messages can be resolved by simply re-loading your device’s OS (operating system) using Blackberry Desktop Manager.
There are some error messages where the fix is not so simple and requires additional steps.
Detailed below are step-by-step instructions to fix the infamous JVM 102 error message, without having to wipe the contents of your device.
1. Download and Install latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager
2. Download JL_Cmder and extract the files to the C: drive.
3. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable that came with it.
4. Run JL_Cmder and select option 2 (event log)
5. Scroll to the bottom of the log and look for “JVM Error 102.”
The line before it should tell you exactly what file is causing the error.
Remember file name; you will need it later. (You may want to write it down, or copy it into a Word or Notepad file).
6. Go to Start > Run, and type “cmd” then press Enter.
7. Change directory to the JL_Cmder installation folder.
(Where C:JL_Cmder is where you extracted the files from Step 2.)
8. Type the following command to remove the offending file:
javaloader.exe -u erase -f FILENAME
(Where FILENAME is the name of the .cod file.)
8. Disconnect your phone from your PC and restart it.