How to Get a US Mailing Address
If you want to receive mail or packages from a sender who only sends to a US based mailing address, but live in Canada there is an easy and cheap solution for you.
MyMallBox is a Delaware based mail receiving service with no monthly fees! This is great if you’re only expecting the occasional letter here and there. Unlike many of other virtual mailbox services available online, you only pay for what you use and you’re not on the hook for expensive monthly fees or long term commitments.
- Once a package (mail or other item) is received at your US mailing address, you get an automated notification at the e-mail they have on file for you.
- You log into the MyMallBox website to see what type of package was received (a general description of the item is listed there — sometimes it’s vague).
- You have the option in your “My Packages” section to have it forwarded to a mailing address you have on file with them.
- They offer a re-pack option if you wish to re-pack the item received and forward it to a mailing address you specify.
- If you receive multiple packages, MyMallBox offers a CONSOLIDATED option where they will bundle all the packages into 1 shipment to your Canadian or international address.
Depending on where you are located, and how soon you want the package, you have 4 shipping options from MyMallBox to your door. The options vary by time & price (the sooner you want it, the more you are going to pay in shipping cost).
- DHL Express
- USPS Priority
- USPS ePacket
- USPS Airmail – Non-Tracking
The cost for each option will be displayed in your MyPackages section once you select the Add to Cart Option for your respective package.